The ability for your mover to provide service
on a military base depends on the
installation's visitor policies. Bases not
only differ from branch of service, but they
can also be different from within the same
service. Simply put, the installation's
visitor policies depend on activities
conducted at the installation.
Your first step should be to obtain the visitor
requirements for your base by contacting the
Visitors Center. In most cases, the
requirements will fall into one of the
You will be required to meet the movers at the
gate and escort them onto the base once they
have gained access.
If your base does not allow sponsored access
the movers will be required to obtain a
visitor pass. This process will involve a
background check of each mover. Depending on
the base and their policies this process can
be relatively quick (an hour or less) or several hours.
While moving on a military base has its
obstacles they can easily be overcome when
both parties satisfy their obligations.
- Provide detailed instructions for the
movers (e.g. must arrive at the south
gate) using the location notes section when you're submitting your booking request.
- As soon as you submit the booking request, the mover's contact information will be available to you in your Request Summary. Contact the mover and inform
them that your home is located on a
military base, as well as the specifics of
the visitor policies.
- Have a valid driver's license, passport or
- The vehicle has a valid (and current)
registration and insurance
- No criminal convictions within the past