The insurance coverages you carry will depend greatly on the size and scope of your moving company. This article will focus on the two types of insurance coverage we accept.

Commercial Liability

Also known as general liability, this coverage is carried by most businesses, not just moving companies. This coverage can protect you from a variety of claims, including bodily injury, property damage, personal injury and others that can arise from your business operations.

We will only accept the ACORD Certificate as evidence of insurance. We will not accept a policy declaration.

Workers' Compensation

Provides wage replacement and medical benefits to employees injured in the course of employment. Workers' Compensation is regulated by your state, so take a moment to review the state-by-state requirements.

Is Insurance Required?

It is strongly recommended and encouraged for all companies to maintain Commercial Liability insurance, but it is not required. Requirements for Workers' Compensation vary by state, so you should check with your state directly.

At this time does not require our vendors to carry either Commercial Liability or Workers' Compensation.

Does my Insurance Expire?

Assuming the policy isn't cancelled prematurely, most, if not all, policies will have an annual term. It's important to ensure your coverage is kept up to date in our system, as customers can filter the movers who offer General Liability coverage.