The peak moving season usually begins in April and ends in September.
On average more than 40 million people move each year in the United States. It is estimated that 80% of those moves occur between April and September, this is referred to as peak season. During this time the demand for movers is very high, especially in June, July and August, which tend to be the busiest months.
2018 Peak Moving Season (Calendar Heat Map)
The heat map calendar below shows how much demand is expected for moving services during the 2018 peak season. (2017 Peak Season)
Tips for Moving During Peak Season
The "peak dates" listed above are those with the highest demand all season. It's important to be aware that all dates, even most weekdays, will be in high demand during peak season. Prepare for your move accordingly and take our expert tips into consideration.
- June, July and August are the busiest months
- The beginning and end of each month has the greatest demand
- Morning time slots are the most desired and first to get booked up
- Weekends are the most sought after days for moving
- Schedule at leasttwo weeks in advance to get the best availability
- Dates before Memorial Day and after Labor Day are less busy
- Weekdays are busy, but have less demand than weekends